Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Our Hearts are so Full of Love

Valentine’s Day 2014 was the complete opposite experience of Valentine’s Day 2013,which might go down in the record books as the worst V day ever.  Last year, the day before Valentine’s Day,  I was given some pretty bad news, involving blood work results and that I would most likely need surgery that could affect my fertility in the future.  I so badly wanted the nightmare journey we were on to end, it had been months, and we continued to receive bad news.  I remember Greg trying to make make me feel better by planning a surprise Valentine date in the city, and I remember crying several times throughout the night, it was awful.  I appreciated his efforts, but I just couldn’t do it.  We finally came home early because I wanted to go to bed. My heart was broken.  But…

What a difference a year can make.

I know I have said that phrase 100 times on the blog, but it is seriously so true. This Valentine’s Day our hearts were so full of love for our two girls.  There were smiles and laughter and lots of happiness. We did not have any plans to go anywhere.  We did not buy each other any special gifts, we didn’t even exchange cards.  We were just happy to be a healthy family of four, something we were not so sure about a year ago.

On Valentine’s Day we also waited patiently for my best friend from high school, Jode, and her husband Ben and their little guy Bryan to arrive at our house for a weekend of fun.  More on that in a future post…

Our Sweet Valentines

IMG_8925

I just love Amelia’s face in this one…

IMG_8930

IMG_8948

vvday

1 comment:

  1. Love the pouty picture, so cute! Your girls are adorable, and I can totally see why you are head over heals in love with them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...